Miyerkules, Marso 23, 2011

Poems

Title: Wheels
Author: Jim Daniels
                
My brother kept
in a frame on the wall
pictures of every motorcycle, car, truck:
in his rusted out Impala convertible
wearing his cap and gown
waving
in his yellow Barracuda
with a girl leaning into him
waving
on his Honda 350
waving
on his Honda 750 with the boys
holding a beer
waving
in his first rig
wearing a baseball hat backwards
waving
in his Mercury Montego
getting married
waving
in his black LTD
trying to sell real estate
waving
back to driving trucks
a shiny new rig
waving
on his Harley Sportster
with his wife on the back
waving
his son in a car seat
with his own steering wheel
my brother leaning over him
in an old Ford pickup
and they are
waving
holding a wrench a rag
a hose a shammy
waving.
My brother helmetless
rides off on his Harley
waving
my brother's feet
rarely touch the ground-
waving waving
face pressed to the wind
no camera to save him.

Source: www.loc.gov/poetry/180/021.html


Title: A Bird in Hand 
Author:  Amber Flora Thomas        
              
              I’ve memorized its heart pounding into my thumb.
              Breath buoys out. My fingers know how to kill,
              closing on the bird’s slippery head.


              I don’t remember. Was it that beak bit my chin?
              Was it a claw cut my wrist? I blow feathers
              away from its chest, smelling pennies and rain.


              Skin like granite, a real white-blue, flecked
              by knots of new growth. I found my need,
              cold in cupped palms, just the way I was taught.


              I return to account for whose neck falls around
              backwards. Eyes that go cataract bring clouds.

              That fat pearl with wings looks like water disappearing in me.

Source: 
http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/19091


Title
Bad Day

Author: Kay Ryan

Not every day
is a good day
for the elfin tailor.
Some days
the stolen cloth
reveals what it
was made for:
a handsome weskit
or the jerkin
of an elfin sailor.
Other days
the tailor
sees a jacket
in his mind
and sets about
to find the fabric.
But some days
neither the idea
nor the material
presents itself;
and these are
the hard days
for the tailor elf.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento